Digital marketing has given new popularity to the healthcare industry by strengthening the presence of your services in the online domain. Healthcare digital marketing is promoting healthcare services to patients worldwide and building the trust of consumers. In this online era, approximately 88% of people search online for healthcare information. 70% of people reported that what they look at online affects their decision about treatment.
Digital marketing for healthcare helps the patients to stay connected to doctors whenever they are in need. It also aids healthcare professionals to build their reputation amongst people. This article will guide you through the advantages and tips of digital marketing for healthcare.
3 Tips of Digital Marketing for Healthcare Industry
1. How Can Digital Marketing Help Promote a Hospital?
Digital marketing helps promote hospitals in various ways. Let us take a look at them:
- Prospective patients search online
In today’s world, everyone checks things online. Even your potential patients! Since it is the pandemic time when people refuse to step outside, they look for online alternatives. According to statistics, most successful healthcare services started online. The majority of people try to find treatments or book appointments online.
- The use of mobile devices have drastically increased
Nowadays, almost everyone has a mobile phone with them. People are completely dependent on mobile phones for the slightest bit of information. Majority of the population use their mobile phones for news, cricket scores, online shopping and what not. Trust digital marketing and it will take your game to the next level.
- Digital metrics track down everything
Never underestimate the power of digital metrics. It tracks down any information,trends or happenings that might prove essential for your business in the long run.
- Email marketing will help
There are various benefits of email marketing. Hospitals can make use of that and reach out to many patients.
- Digital marketing targets particular demographics
Digital marketing for healthcare helps hospitals to reach out to their target audience whether in the local areas, suburbans or other healthcare industry areas.
- Patients value reputation
Good reputation is essential for any business to flourish.Why? Because people value it. It shows that you are reliable, trustworthy and renowned.
- Majority of health service consumers are college educated
Studies have shown that a big amount of patients who look for health care services are college educated. About fifty percent of people look for a healthcare specialist online.
- Change is constant even for digital healthcare marketing
There has been an overwhelming increase in the number of patients looking for the best suitable hospital and healthcare practitioner online. Digital marketing is your best friend if you want to thrive and prosper online simply because it is the most flexible, reliable, and easily implementable option for health marketing.
2. What are the Advantages of Investing in Healthcare Digital Marketing?
Healthcare digital marketing besides attracting more patients to your healthcare services also helps in advertising your healthcare services. Let us learn the benefits of digital marketing for healthcare.
- Cost-per-acquisition (CPA)
Using healthcare digital marketing to get patients will be way cheaper than any other alternative. Healthcare organisations spend huge amounts of money on printing and displaying ads. One can spend half the amount and become more well-known amongst people by using digital marketing.
- Location based targeting
Digital marketing aids healthcare organizations to get in touch with a particular demographic which targets particular age, sex, location, and so on. That way serving the patient’s needs and giving them more personalized care would be easier.
- Data driven decisions
Tracking a user’s information can prove to be tedious if one is applying traditional marketing tactics. It would be way easier if digital marketing strategies are implemented. Making a data driven decision is easier with digital marketing.
- Enhanced visibility on search engines
If you apply search engines and digital marketing tactics correctly, it will boost your visibility in the search results. Searches related to health care, wellness tips, disease symptoms, diet, and nutrition are extremely common.
- Increased patient referrals
Through the help of digital marketing, you will have exposure to several professional tools and softwares that will immensely help boost the performance of your business.
3. Practices and Tips of Healthcare Digital Marketing
According to reports, about seventy percent of people search for healthcare specialists online. Let us go through the tips and tricks to help your healthcare business.
- Plan for local SEO
Effective search engine optimization strategies would help your business by leaps and bounds. Some of the features that need to be in your website that will make it more prominent among the rest are:
- Responsive design
- Web load time
- Mobile and voice search optimization
- Easy navigation
- Quality content
Search engine optimization improves your online visibility. You can even target a specific location through this digital marketing strategy if you take help from a professional strategy. They will also do the following.
- Enhance user experience
- Promote brand visibility
- Generate more traffic to your website
The following statistics will help you understand the importance of search engine optimization:
- Seventy seven percent of people search online for health advice by using search engines like Google and bing.
- People generally search for optometrist, therapist and nursing home online and tend to call medical centres for it.
- Approximately, seventy percent of people who search for healthcare content do not go past the first page
- Forty seven percent of the audience look for information on a doctor or a medical centre.
- Consider pay per click advertising
Pay-per-click advertising service is utilized by search engines, social media networks, and various other platforms. In this, you just have to pay when a lead clicks on your ad. Google Ad words is one such example of this. It offers both image and text ads. Text ads are those shown on the first page of search engines.
Image ads occasionally show up on the user’s screen. The ads are displayed based on your search history. Pay per click will help you generate more traffic and enhance your visibility in search results. You can monitor your pay-per-click (PPC) ads to analyze what is effective. The vitality of PPC can be clearly seen by the following statistics:
- The healthcare industry spends dollar 36B worldwide on advertising as of 2020.
- More than seven million medical services spent over 10.1 billion dollars on PPC ads.
- Healthcare industry professionals get $3 back on every 1.6 dollars spent on ads on average.
- Social media marketing
Social media marketing is the best way to get in touch with patients. Through social media marketing healthcare professionals are able to target a specific population with desired demographics like gender, age, location and so on. Apart from being an excellent way to meet patients, social media marketing also allows medical practitioners to provide healthcare, mental health and diet tips to the patients.
- Content marketing
Content marketing is a great way to meet patients online. Through content marketing you can share health related information with articles, blog posts, infographics and videos. The aim here is to provide valuable content and not be promotional. You must also avoid using too many scientific terms while explaining things otherwise people will not be as engaged.
- Mobile marketing
Your business will skyrocket with mobile marketing. Everyone uses a mobile device whether it’s a kid or an elderly. Through mobile marketing, you can share important information with a bigger audience and increase your reputation. Given below are some statistics to make you aware of mobile marketing in the healthcare industry.
- Around 44% of people book appointments when searching for a hospital.
- 47.6% of healthcare emails are opened through mobile phones.
- 19% of people use health and fitness apps on their mobile phones.
- Try investing in email marketing
Email marketing is an effective and affordable way to keep closely connected with your patients. Following are some statistics that will help you understand the benefits of email marketing.
- Email marketing has proven to be 40 times more effective than social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- 89% percent of healthcare digital marketers agreed that it was the primary source of lead generation.