Today we will talk about such modern and relevant topics as artificial intelligence and renewable energy sources, what benefits they bring to humanity by uniting.
First, Let’s Look At The Concepts of Each of Them:
Artificial intelligence is the property of intelligent systems to perform those creative functions that are traditionally considered the prerogative of a person; This is a whole science and technology of creating intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs.
Renewable or regenerative energy is energy from sources that, according to human concepts, are inexhaustible. The main principle of using renewable energy is the process of its extraction from the processes constantly occurring in the environment and its provision for technical use.
Renewable energy is obtained from natural resources: sunlight, wind, rain, tides and geothermal heat, which are replenished naturally. However, a persistent problem with renewable energy sources such as wind and solar energy is their unreliability, as these sources are dependent on the weather.
Due to its technical features, hydropower is perfectly combined with solar and wind energy. Introducing record volumes of capacities at solar and wind power plants, one should not forget to back them up with the same record scale of construction of hydroelectric power plants.
Where is Renewable Energy Used?
Hydroelectricity is one of the largest renewable energy sources, providing a large percentage of energy consumption and global electricity generation.
Hydropower specializes in the use of the potential energy of the water flow of rivers, formed by precipitation that fell on the hills. Tidal energy uses the energy of the tides. The energy of sea waves uses the potential energy of waves carried on the surface of the ocean. Having blocked the bay, the strait, the mouth of the river flowing into the sea with a dam, it is possible, with a sufficiently high amplitude of the tide, to create a pressure sufficient to rotate the hydro turbines and hydro generators located in the body of the dam, which will give a large amount of energy.
Geothermal energy acts as a coolant for water from hot geothermal springs. Due to the absence of the need for heating water, they are largely more environmentally friendly than thermal power plants.
Solar power plants are popular in many antiquities of Europe, they are also in America. Solar thermal stations operate in the USA and Spain, for example. The world’s largest geothermal installation is the installation on geysers in California, they have a fairly large capacity. Brazil has one of the largest renewable energy programs in the world, which involves the production of fuel ethanol from sugar cane.
Wind power converts the kinetic energy of air masses in the atmosphere into electrical, thermal and any other form of energy.
Bioenergy is actively used in the production of energy from biological raw materials.
The demand for energy and related services to ensure socio-economic development and improve human well-being and health is growing. The public needs an energy supply to meet basic human needs: lighting, food preparation, spatial comfort, movement and communication, and maintenance of production processes. Coal, oil and gas and other useful things are used for human comfort and needs.
There are many options for reducing greenhouse gas emissions that negatively affect the planet’s ecology. This leads to an ecological catastrophe, and therefore the planet and, accordingly, we all need help. This is where the use of the potential of artificial intelligence can help optimize, stabilize the interaction between different sectors of the energy supply industry, as well as patterns of energy consumption and storage.
At the moment and, of course, in the future, engineers and developers will come to use artificial intelligence, namely, applications with it, which can be useful to humanity by the following factors:
- Robots are those who can lie down, and sit, and crawl, and even swim and dive to monitor all kinds of necessary processes and notify about them. They have undeniable advantages in terms of equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Accelerated information processing. Analysis and planning usually involve a lot of paperwork and time-consuming work. The time of this work can be shortened and even improved.
- New, effective solutions for logistics optimization. For example, the delivery of components by unmanned vehicles and even the automation of the construction of structures that convert energy. Convenient, don’t you agree? It’s like going to an ICOholder – you register, read it, and the site will do most of the work for you. He will acquaint you with all the current news in the world of cryptocurrency, but you, in turn, will choose for yourself what you like best.
- More sensors are expected to be installed as well. an increase in the number of easy-to-use auxiliary tools, an increase in the ability to store, process and analyze information. All of this will create new performance indicators and new, revolutionary, business models.
- One of the leading trends in the optimization of energy distribution and storage using artificial intelligence will be energy management systems (EMS), which will be connected to the Internet of Things (IoT). The IoT will allow remote control of systems, monitoring of consumption, collection and analysis of data, as well as with its help it will be possible to make decisions: where to direct the received energy, which generating capacities to turn on and off, how much energy to store, and so on. The full range of services and software offered by the IoT in combination with artificial intelligence will make power generation systems and networks more predictable and stable, which will have a better impact on their monitoring and further work. They will significantly reduce energy management costs, but they will increase the complexity of the system and increase the human resources required to operate these systems. This presents an additional challenge for both developed and developing countries. The battery management market is using artificial intelligence to intelligently charge and discharge batteries, ranging from plug-in electric vehicles to industrial storage utilities.
- The new systems will use highly intelligent sensors and quality meters to collect terabytes of information, and leverage the vast power of cloud computing and artificial intelligence algorithms to process vast data into usable solutions. The market value of energy management systems is expected to exceed billions of dollars by the time this is implemented.
The elements of “smart energy”, which shape the operation of both entire power systems and individual generation points, can scale the renewable energy market.
We hope you were interested in this topic and after reading it, you have identified something for yourself. On our own behalf, we want to add that the world is progressing, and we should expect more and more breakthroughs. Perhaps even some kind of you will be accomplished?